10.5.10

1st service to my country

So its my first day at work at the Government House, Lafia, Parastatals Department (whatever that means). The time is 11:11 am, a whole 2 hours after my time of resumption and you would not believe what I have been doing. If you guessed, filing papers or typing out documents, darlings, you guessed wrong. I had the fore-sense to bring along my laptop so I have been watching a film I just got. Right now, my boss- the permanent secretary just walked in so I have to form busy, and the best way to do that is to fill my blog.

Excuse me a minute…

Okay, so I’ m back. Its 11:45. My boss called me in for a debriefing and also to give me my first assignment. Apparently, I am going to be needed in writing a lot of things here too. My department is in charge of all the coordinations for the government house. So my perm sec (permanent secretary) wants me to draft a letter to “acknowledge the receipt of some items” accordingly.

11:58, finally I am done with the letter. You would be surprised how hard it is to say a simple thank you in an official place. But the best part is that I got to sign my name on behalf of my boss. I know it seems like nothing,s yeah but I get to have my signature in a file in the government house for the rest of time.

So, now its 12:03 and my boss has gone out (for some kind of inauguration), so I guess am back to film and a bit of chatting.

Did I mention how they love corpers in this state? And how I am beyooooond bored in my surprisingly very comfortable house as there is never light and my housemates are Hausa. Even the Yoruba one understands Hausa. (though she is always gisting me about her past loves; Hausa men are apparently into planning marriage with other people while dating you.)

Anyhoos, toodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment