1.4.10

TESTIMONY TIME

Hey y’all, guess who is back? I have missed writing so much. It feels so good to type again. I could see the joy from the screen of my laptop…lol. The wallpaper had a welcoming smile that warmed my heart (even though it was my picture). The sound from my laptop was music to my ears and even the welcome seemed like it came from the depth of the heart of the computer (you get my drift). I had barely unpacked when I put on my laptop, even my father had to shout at me.
Now I’m not writing any wise notes…nope, I am only thanking God for the miraculous miracle that he did for me on the 31st of March, 2010. Never in my life would I have thought that such a thing would happen to me. My life became a Hollywood movie over night.
It all started on the day we left camp and I got my posting letter to Lafia, the state capital, which was 2 hrs away from keffi where the camp was based. By the time I got to lafia, it was too late for me to get anything done concerning my clearance so I had to lodge in an hotel for the night. Hoping that by the next day I would be done on time to catch my flight from Abuja to lagos by 8:30pm.
As God would have it, the stupidest, most stupid, most stupidest man was in charge of corpers at my place of posting. He did not give acceptance letter till 5pm and to get to Abuja from Lafia would take me about 3 hours and another hour to get to the airport. Hmmm… my dear friends, I risked it o. I got into a bus to Abuja at exactly 6:00p.m. The bus didn’t move till 6:30pm.
First, that day I prayed for divine favour and that was what I got all through. I met a fellow corper in the bus who asked the driver how long it will take and the man promised to get to Abuja before 8:30. my mistake, however, was that I needed to get to the airport not just Abuja before that time. the driver sped like crazy. I thought I had seen crazy drivers. ( femi taiwo and babalola don’t hold a candle to this guy). I covered a 2 and a half hour journey in exactly 2 hours with stops on the way o!
At exactly 8:30, I got to Maraba. Obviously I had missed my flight, right? My God delayed the flight! Halleluyah! My friend, funmi who was supposed to have left for 8pm was still calling me to find out where I was. She was the one who told me the flight was delayed. So while she was helping me stall at the airport, I was trying to find my way there.
The corper and another good Samaritan who was going towards the airport followed me in a cab from maraba to nyanya(hope I got the spelling). At Nyanya, the corper (is this spelling right cos my computer keeps checking it), dropped off, got my number so he could keep in touch and find out if I made it and I moved on to Area 1 with the other man whose name I do not know. If not for the man I would have been duped of 3,500 that the stupid cab man asked for. Any how I got a cab for 1,500 and was told it would take me 30 mins to an hour to get to the airport because of Lupe/Nupe traffic.
By 9:30pm, we got to Lupe/Nupe and there was no traffic at all. Isn’t my God great? Even the cab guy was surprised. The good Samaritan got down at a place called Lugbe, I think. He got my number too. The cab man sped as much as he could and within 15 minutes I was at the airport. Funmi had already told me not to bother because they were boarding already as the flight was for 9:45pm. I got to the airport at 9:55. now this is where the major miracle began.
I first had to beg the attendant to let me into the terminal. That took about 3 minutes, it took me about 2 minutes to get to the runway. But God allowed me get there just in time to see the plane. I called for them not to move the stairs yet, the captain had seen me and was waving for me to come but one stupid foolish wicked man that God used stopped me because I didn’t have a boarding pass. (their systems were down). My brothers and sisters that was how I watched the plane take-off right in my very before. I was crying like a baby. My already bulgy eyes were popping out.
The other staff members came to beg me and told me that the hardened wicked man was the manager and he should have at least allowed me since I was in my corper uniform. Then one angel of God remembered that another plane was leaving at that minute to Lagos but it was a private plane. I told him that I did not mind and I would beg.
To cut the long story short, when I got to the private plane, the captain was already shutting the door, I begged them and the man in the plane asked me to go in.
My brethren in the Lord, that was how I came back to Lagos in a private jet with the GMD of Oando at exactly 11pm. No be lie and no be joke.
PRAISE THE LORD!!!

Special thanks to Femi Taiwo, Funmi Olubanwo, Yemi Adedokun, Muyiwa and to the Samaritans whose names I do not know. I love you all for being there for me.

And to my mother, your worries over me will not be in vain o.

Now for my next miracle in Nasarawa. I know He has a plan for me.

www.milzonome.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment