1.3.10

And The Stress begins...

So, remember how sometime back, I told you I didn’t know what to do with my life. Well, the story has changed as I got a job recently (and all on my own, no connection). Some weeks back, I was online checking a popular job hunting site and I applied for a couple of jobs. Well, on Monday “jejely” was I, on my own o when I got a text to come for an interview.
My first thought was that I was going for my NYSC in a few weeks (yes God did that too, June changed to March), so I did not see a reason to go for the interview. The only reason I ended up going was so I could have a taste of what the interview was about.
My very first interview, wow! Funny enough, I wasn’t nervous at all. Apart from the fact that I did not know what to wear, what to say or what to do, I was just dandy. Anyway, I got there right on time and had to wait an hour to be interviewed.
My interview was SWEET. I liked my interviewer, I felt confident and I was all smiles. Then my bubble got burst. There was no point giving me a job when I would leave soon. I wasn’t sad (honestly). I was just glad that my first interview ever was a breeze.
Then on my way out, I was asked to wait to get re-interviewed (to put it that way). This time I got to show some posts on my blog (did I mention it is a writing gig and some other things too, but that is for me not you). He loved it (okay maybe that is stretching it a bit- he liked it). Now I know my wonderful friends have supported me but for an employee to love my blog enough to want to pay me, that was my stamp of greatness (lol). I was asked to start work immediately. Yep! ( I didn’t get home until 9 pm- did I mention it is on the island). I was immediately put to write an article that was to be published the next day. My title- clubs! I mean I get paid to write about clubs, partying ( I know, right?). BUT I was to write about the problems of clubbing not the fun part. Sha sha, at the end of work day when my boss asked me how my first day was (yes, he is nice like that, although he seems like he can be annoyingly strict). I had no idea what to say to him,
Y? because it had not hit me that I was actually working.. it did, however hit me like a stiletto on the head when I had to wake up by 5:30 the next day.

But still all is well, IF it ends well.

Pls pray that it does o

p.s my boss is on fb (for now…lmao)

Folu, Munwa, we are 4geda now *wink*

Xoxo
Working girl!!!

www.milzonome.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment